PIHRA Cal State Los Angeles
Weekly on Wednesday (3:15pm – 4:15pm)
Cal State Los Angeles
5151 State University Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90032
Salazar Hall, Room C135
- Increase professional network with students & professionals
- Access to a database of private and public sector Company Staffing needs
- Professional development and insight on KSA in various career paths
- Ability to engage and bring guest speakers that are of interest to you
- Ability to lead projects and be a part of a start-up union
- Ability to engage in resume building extra curricular activities
- Ability to take your ideas and implement them with PIHRA support
Short Term Goals
The CSULA PIHRA chapter’s goals are to develop relationships with small to large-scale companies that our members see interest, in regards to a professional career. We will effectively use member talents in order to reach these goals.
Long Term Goals
Long-term goals include offering an extensive database of organization staffing needs that will be accessible to all members, organizing monthly networking events where many HR professional will be present and being recognized as a legitimate student union. We are building a platform that will allow members to grow within the chapter, as they would in a professional organization. Members are encouraged to bring ideas to the table, and lead them into production with the support of management.
CSULA Professionals in Human Resources Association provides a legitimate advantage to members by enhancing their professional network, knowledge, skills, abilities, and career opportunities in Human Resources and several other fields.
- Weekly meetings (Development & HR discussions)
- Guest speakers from various business fields
- Meetings with public and private HR departments
- Networking events
- Community service
President: Adriana Machuca
Vice President: Claudia Martinez
Secretary: Brianda Ramirez
Treasures: David Moran
Director of Marketing: Elizabeth Escalante
Director of Planning: Nancy Tello
Director of Public Relations: Ani Asatryan
Director of Recruitment: Silvia Avalos
Advisor: Dr. Veena Prabhu
There are many ways to Volunteer with PIHRA & hone your leadership skills.