Weekly on Tuesday (12:00pm – 12:50pm*)
Cal Poly Pomona
3801 West Template Avenue, Rm 162-1002
Pomona, CA 91768
*except the 3rd Tuesday of the month
- To provide knowledge and insight into the field of Human Resource Management.
- To provide networking opportunities with established business professionals among the local community.
- To provide a pool of human resource management leaders.
- To provide students with services offered by our affiliated organizations.
- To serve as a liaison between the chapter’s individuals members and its affiliated organizations.
Located 30 miles east of the metropolitan hub of Los Angeles, California State Polytechnic University – Pomona has been ranked as the 33rd best college in the West by U.S. News and World Report. The College of Business Administration (CBA) has also received special recognition by being included in the 2014 edition of “The Best 295 Business Schools” from Princeton Review. The college offers students a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting, International Business, Operations Management, and Human Resources Management, as well as a Master of Business Administration.
Founded in 1994, the Cal Poly Pomona Professionals in Human Resources Association (CPP PIHRA) is a non-profit student organization dedicated to the field of Human Resource Management. We are a SHRM and PIHRA Student Chapter that offers various opportunities for all members to become more educated in Human Resources. Members can participate in the many professional activities we plan every year, including community service outings, socials, fundraisers, seminars, workshops, and presentations.
To prepare students for the advanced business world by providing networking opportunities, leadership development, and resources to develop a better understanding of the human resources field.
- SHRM Superior Merit Chapter 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019
- SHRM Outstanding Student Chapter Award 2018
- Top 10 SHRM Student Chapter 2006, 2007, 2008
- Winners of the Pacific Western Regional SHRM Case Competition 2011, 2016
- 1st and 2nd Place winners of the Pacific Regional SHRM Case Competition
- UBSS Merit Chapter 2011, 2012, 2020
- UBSS Superior Merit Chapter 2012, 2014 2017, 2018, 2019
- UBSS Platinum Merit Chapter 2013
- UBSS Most Professional 2018
- UBSS Learn by doing 2020
- UBSS Most Collaborative Award 2021
For more information, contact:
There are many ways to volunteer with PIHRA & hone your leadership skills.