PIHRA CELU21 Terms and Conditions
Attendees will be required to wear face coverings while in public indoor places and crowded outdoor venues regardless of vaccination status. The face covering shall cover the person’s nose and mouth. This requirement aligns with the latest CDC guidance. As part of our safety protocols, staff and volunteers will remind participants to wear a face cover and to wear a face cover correctly. Anyone who ignores this policy will be asked to leave the event.
CANCELLATIONS & TRANSFER POLICIES
All registration cancellations must be in writing and faxed to 310.416.9055 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fifty percent (50%) of the registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received by 10.22.21. Refunds will not be granted after 10.22.21, nor will they be given for no-shows. Credits will not be issued for use towards future PIHRA events.
All registration transfers or cancellations must be in writing and faxed to 310.416.9055 or emailed to email@example.com. Fifty percent (50%) of the registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received by 10.22.21. Refunds will not be granted after 10.22.21, nor will they be given for no-shows. Attendee registration will be transferred to our Streaming experience.
All registration substitutions must be in writing and faxed to 310.416.9055 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10.22.21. All other substitutions will be processed onsite at the Onsite Registration Area. If a PIHRA member transfers his/her registration to a Nonmember, the Nonmember must do one of two things; pay the difference of the member and Nonmember price at the time of the transfer or become a PIHRA member at the time of the transfer.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / DISCLAIMER
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, PIHRA programs and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to our use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such programs and activities. By registering, you agree to have your contact information shared with the sponsors and presenters of the event. You will have the option to opt-out of communications received.
By registering and attending PIHRA in-person activities, you consent to the following policies:
- Photography and/or recording (including audio and video) during the California Employment Law Update by PIHRA is allowed for personal and private use only.
- Photos and/or recordings cannot be copied, altered, sold, exhibited, or further distributed without PIHRA’s prior written consent
- Photos and/or recordings are the exclusive property of PIHRA. PIHRA retains the right to revoke consent.
- No disruptions due to photography and/or recording shall be allowed, and violators may lose attendance privileges.
- PIHRA will strictly follow COVID-19 safety procedures as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the State of California, the Orange County Health Care Agency, and any other governing Federal or local government agency.
- During your attendance the California Employment Law Update by PIHRA in Garden Grove, you will be required to support our COVID-19 safety measures protocols, and strictly follow our COVID-19 policies and procedures. These COVID-19 policies and procedures may include but are not limited to personal sanitization, mandatory face covering, and social distancing. These policies and procedures may be modified at any time in advance of or during the California Employment Law Update by PIHRA in Garden Grove.
Waiver of Lawsuit/Release of Liability:
COVID-19 WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ATTENDING THE 2021 CALIFORNIA EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATE BY PIHRA IN GARDEN GROVE, CA.
WARNING RELATED TO COVID-19 INFECTION
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and is very contagious.
- COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
- PIHRA has taken and will continue to take all reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure; and therefore, in choosing to attend PIHRA in-person activities you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to COVID-19 and its potential health risks.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- I have read and understand the above warning concerning COVID-19. I acknowledge that attending a PIHRA in-person activities is of value to me and that I accept the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 in order to attend. Therefore, I choose to accept the risk of exposure to COVID-19, and I agree that I am personally responsible for my safety and actions while attending PIHRA in-person activities.
WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/ RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- I, for myself, my family, successors, and assigns hereby forever release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue PIHRA, its board of directors, board members, officers, agents, servants, affiliates, employees, successors, and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity associated with PIHRA Conferences.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorney fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to bodily injury, death, loss of use, monetary loss, or any other injury from or related to my attendance at PIHRA in-person activities specifically related to COVID-19.
REQUIREMENTS AND COMMITMENT
- PIHRA does not require vaccinations for its attendees. Talk to your doctor about your specific needs. PIHRA respects that certain health issues and religious beliefs may prevent some attendees from being vaccinated.
- PIHRA will require all attendees to affirm that they are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and have not recently been exposed to anyone who tested positive. If they do have symptoms or have been exposed, they will not be able to attend the conference in person and their registration will be transferred to our Streaming experience.
We are committed to implementing conscious and intentional measures to not only combat COVID-19, but promote healthy best practices that will become the protocol for all events during high- and low-risk time periods alike.
Please continuously check back here. We will continue to revise our procedures as needed to reflect the current state of the pandemic.
Contact us at email@example.com for any additional questions.