Improv Night with Upright Citizens Brigade
We’ve opened up 50 spots for you to Join the PIHRA Young Professionals at the 2018 California HR Conference! These spots are usually reserved for those registered to attend the California HR Conference. Now you can attend too!
#PIHRAYP is hosting an interactive workshop with Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB) for Young Professionals at #CAHR18. The UCB Improv comedy teams routinely create funny performances on the fly. In this interactive workshop you’ll learn the comedy fundamentals that double as professional skills with performers from the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater.
Experience how comedians use “Yes And” to upgrade communicating, and test practical tools to be more creative and productive with coworkers. You’ll leave this session with simple improv principles that will make collaborations at work exciting, rewarding and intuitive.
It’s also fun! And no one will be forced on stage – we promise.
- Yes And - Make your first instinct to support an idea. Productive collaborations and conversations are on the other side of “Yes, And.”
- Truth in Comedy - We are drawn to authenticity. Think of being yourself as a tool to increase understanding, persuasiveness and trust.
- Think on Your Feet - Everyone wants to be able to think fast, especially under pressure. There’s no substitute for preparation, but being present can help you roll with the unexpected in the moment.
- Read The Room - Plans and preparation are great just don’t let get in your way during a presentation. Being present helps you roll with the unexpected and keeps your presentations engaging.
- Listen Up - Listen to the very last word. Resist the urge to start formulating what you’ll say while the other person is still talking
5:30pm - 6:15pm – Check in
6:15pm - 6:30pm – Official PIHRA Young Professionals Welcome
6:30pm - 6:45pm – Introductions
6:45pm - 8:15pm – Improv Program
8:15pm - 8:30pm – Raffles & Closing remarks
Event Sponsored By
The Upright Citizens Brigade
The Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB) is the comedy powerhouse founded by Amy Poehler, Matt Besser, Ian Roberts and Matt Walsh. We run two theatres in New York and two in LA, where we feature improv, sketch and standup seven nights a week. We also operate one of the largest improv training centers in the country, with classroom facilities on both coasts. In addition to our classes and live comedy performances, we work with brands, ad agencies, media companies and universities. We run a branded content unit/TV production studio, plus a touring company that performs at theatres and colleges. And our improv workshops are the de facto standard for corporate training.
|PIHRA Member In Transition
|PIHRA Student Member
Online registration closes on Friday, August 24, 2018, at 5:00pm. Registrations after this date will only be taken onsite.
There will be a 50% administration fee for any cancellations. If you need to cancel, we must receive it in writing (email or fax) 2 business days prior to the event during normal business hours. Refunds will not be given to no-shows. Credits will not be issued for use towards future PIHRA events.
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, PIHRA programs and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to our use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such programs and activities.