California HR Conference
The California HR Conference is the largest regional conference for human resources professionals in the United States with close to 3,000 practitioners, presenters, and providers. The objective of the Conference is to provide skilled and experienced speakers in each of these areas:
- California Employment Law
- HR Compliance
- Business & HR Strategy
- Global HR
- Talent Management
- Total Rewards
- Professional Development
- Nonprofit HR
Please read the description of each track and submit to the track that best represents your session content.
The California HR Conference is normally held the last Sunday through Wednesday in August at the Long Beach Convention Center. We do not provide stipends, honorariums or pay travel expenses for out concurrent session speakers. If you haven't attended the conference previously, to get an idea of content, please click here: Attendee Prospectus
A Few Tips to Getting Selected as a California HR Conference Speaker
- If you have submitted a proposal in the past, you may be aware that all of our programs require HR re-certification credit for both SHRM and HRCI.*
- Proposals that are eligible to receive Business, Global or California Credit will take priority over other proposals.
- Proposals that are original in nature and have not previously been presented at another conference or PIHRA related program will take priority; we do Google you.
- You have 1.25 hours (1 hour and 15 minutes) for your presentation. Please ensure your topic can be effectively discussed with enough time for questions within that time frame.
- YOUR TITLE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS YOUR CONTENT.
- The title of your proposal is the first thing the committee reads when selecting a topic/speaker. Make it interesting and brief.
- Make sure your title is related to your content. Topics that don't match their title will be relegated to the second or third round of the selection process.
As a reminder, all proposals are reviewed and selected by a committee of volunteer professionals according to the criteria below:
- Originality of content (new and original proposals are prioritized over previously selected for other PIHRA events/CAHR Conference)
- Overall quality of content
- Well-defined focus, clearly listing (minimum of 3) key takeaways
- Practical application of material without promotion/advertising of products/services
- Evaluations at prior speaking engagements (if applicable)
- Ability to deliver an innovative, effective and stimulating presentation
- Willingness to provide handouts in addition to your PowerPoint presentation to ensure there are tangible/actionable items for the audience.**
*Obtaining HRCI and SHRM recertification credit is the responsibility of PIHRA. However, for us to submit your session to obtain the recertification credit, it needs to be an educational session of interest and applicability for HR professionals. It should provide educational professional development and contain a minimum of 3 key learning objectives/audience takeaways, which will usually make the program eligible for general credit.
**Handouts are provided electronically to attendees. PIHRA DOES NOT print handouts. Speaker will be responsible for printing handouts if physical copies are apart of your presentation.
Proposals are now being accepted through January 24, 2019. Click here to submit.