Welcome to PIHRA! We are delighted to serve you as a member of Professionals In Human Resources Association (PIHRA). Please consult this page to learn how to get the most from your PIHRA membership.
New Member Orientation
The new member orientation is a 45 minute long interactive presentation. The goal of the session is to provide information to new members to help them get the most out of their membership. Topics covered include PIHRA home office contact information, key member services and programs, and various strategies to connect with our membership of over 4,000 PIHRA members and stakeholders. Please sign up for the next webinar at pihra.org/calendar.
Also feel free to view the previously recorded webinars below.
Here is the link to the December 8, 2016 Member Orientation. You will be asked to login to Adobe Connect to review the recording.
Here is the link to the November 10, 2016 Member Orientation. You will be asked to login to Adobe Connect to review the recording.
Here is the link to the September 9, 2016 Member Orientation webinar. You will be asked to login to Adobe Connect to view the recording.
Here is the link to the July 14, 2016 Member Orientation webinar. You will be asked to login to Adobe Connect to view the recording.
Here is the link to the June 9, 2016 Membership Orientation webinar. You will be asked to login to Adobe Connect to view the recording.
Here is the link to the May 12, 2016 Member Orientation webinar. You will be asked to login to Adobe Connect to view the recording.
Here is the link to the March 10, 2016 New Member Orientation webinar.
Here is the link to the February 11, 2016 New Member Orientation webinar.
Here is the link to the December 10, 2015 New Member Orientation webinar.
Learning & Networking
As a member, you benefit from access to continuing education and tools to advance your career. Network through attending monthly meetings and events at 17 chapters where you can connect with colleagues and over 4,000 HR professionals.
1. Attend Monthly Meetings
- Receive SHRM professional development credit and/or HRCI recertification credit, meet new people, and grow your network - all over breakfast or lunch!
- Browse the PIHRA Calendar. The PIHRA Calendar has the most up-to-date listing of all meetings and events. Log in to register for any meeting that catches your eye!
- Not sure where the closest meeting is? View the map of PIHRA Chapters. This page lists the typical meeting time, date, and venue for each PIHRA Chapter's monthly meeting. Please note this map and other pages on our website may not function correctly on Internet Explorer.
2. Sign Up for Monthly Meeting E-mail Updates
- Subscribe to your preferred lists of PIHRA Chapters to receive information regarding the monthly meetings that may be most convenient for you. Sign up for these emails at pihra.org/stayinformed.
3. Attend Conferences and Seminars
- California HR Conference - This year's conference was on August 29 – 31, 2016 in LONG BEACH, CA! Our objective is for you to walk away with new connections, strategies, and innovative ideas to move your organization forward. Connect with practitioners, presenters and providers at every session and social event. You can customize your conference experience to get the most out of your continuing education and recertification. You'll also discover the solutions providers in the Marketplace (Expo) present to learn about innovative products and services, and the latest industry trends.
- Did you miss this year's conference? Not to worry! Purchase our 2016 California HR Conference On Demand for access to top notch programming and ample recertification credits.
- PIHRA Legal Update 2017 On Demand! Join over 1,000 human resource professionals and business owners at the PIHRA® Annual Legal Update series, the largest HR employment law seminar in California. Experienced employment law attorneys will present important court cases from 2014 and discuss how the 2015 changes in California and federal laws will affect your employment decisions. Session topics from 2015 included wage and hour, health care reform, EEOC, California, discrimination, FMLA/CFRA, social media, and workplace safety.
4. Monthly PIHRA Webinar Series
5. Club PIHRA
- Club PIHRA is a special interest group providing spectacular quarterly events, to which PIHRA members, nonmembers, and business owners all over Southern California are invited. Attendees can expect the following:
- Network with peer professionals and providers of employee benefit and recreational opportunities.
- Enjoy discount tickets for popular Southern California attractions.
- Visit and experience the best attractions Southern California has to offer.
- Discover resources and learn how to host special events for your organizations.
- Previous Events: Hornblower Cruise in Marina del Rey, September 2015. Club PIHRA on the Santa Monica Pier, May 2015. CityWalk Progressive Night, February 2015. PIHRA Funday at Six Flags Magic Mountain, October 2014.
6. Networking Online with PIHRA
- Use the PIHRA Forum to access your network of PIHRA peers - ask questions, lend a hand, and get to know other professionals. To get started, read the PIHRA Forum FAQ's.
- Join PIHRA on LinkedIn. Members who request to join will be approved within 3-5 business days.
- Search the Member Directory to find someone in a specific role, or follow up from a monthly meeting.
- Visit pihra.org/connect for more ways to connect!
Learning & Advocacy: Solve Critical HR Issues
1. ThinkHR Services
You should receive an email with username and login information within six weeks of joining PIHRA. Please alert the Membership Team if you have not received the emails after six weeks.
- Ask An HR Advisor offers a team of HR experts standing by to answer your questions and provide guidance Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 7:00 pm Central.
- HR Compliance Center offers thousands of forms, documents, tools, and checklists plus the up-to-date news you need to take the mystery out of human resource practices.
STEPS TO ACCESS:
- Visit pihra.org/workplace and look for the login box.
- Your ThinkHR Username: the email address associated with your PIHRA membership.
- Your ThinkHR Password: within six weeks of joining, you will receive an e-mail from ThinkHR with a link to customize your password. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need us to re-send that welcome email.
2. PIHRA Forum
- Post in the PIHRA Forum to consult your peers in HR who have been there, and done that.
- Need help getting started? Read this FAQ to learn how to subscribe to Forum postings, add a signature to your posts, and more.
Other Benefits & Discounts
1. Continuing Education
- Learn about your discounts on tuition at UCLA Extension, Brandman University, and more!
- Certification Prep Courses
- PIHRA will offer preparation courses for the new SHRM certification. Sign up for more information at pihra.org/hrcertification!
2. PIHRA Career Center
- Visit the PIHRA Career Center to post or browse for open positions in Human Resources.
- PIHRA members enjoy a discount when posting open positions. Please call Rebecca Fleming, Career Center manager, at (866) 376-0949 ext. 6035 to request your PIHRA Member Discount.
- Learn more about your PIHRA Member Discounts, including:
- Online PIHRA Learn trainings
- And more!
4. The PIHRA HR Weekly
- The PIHRA HR Weekly is our weekly e-newsletter, an automatic benefit to our members. Watch for the PIHRA HR Weekly in your inbox on Thursday of every week.
Going the Extra Mile?
Are you seeking additional opportunities for professional and personal development?
- Volunteer your time and talent at events!
- Express interest in participating as a Volunteer Leader on the board of one of our Chapters. Speak to the Chapter Chair about opportunities.
- Support your peers on the PIHRA Forum.
- Make a new friend - visit a new chapter!
- Get involved with the PIHRA Foundation.
- Order your PIHRA Name Badge!
Questions? Contact the Home Office
Not a member? Join Today!