Manage California Leaves Like a Pro!
In this 1 hour workshop, Hugo will focus on:
- Basic overview of both FMLA and CFRA leaves of absence
- Pregnancy Disability Leave
- When it does apply, documentation, application Process
- Interaction with FMLA and CFRA
- Benefits while on leave
- Examples of pregnancy leaves
- California State Income Supplements such as:
- State Disability Insurance
- Paid Family Leave
- Workers Compensation Overview:
- Process, documentation, employer and employee obligations
- Interaction with FMLA/CFRA
- Benefits while on leave
- Return to work programs (full duty, modified duty)
- Extended Leaves of Absence:
- Personal medical reasons
- Workers Compensation related
- When it becomes an ADA Issue
- Employer obligations under ADA
11:30am - 12:00pm: Registration/Lunch/Networking
12:00pm - 1:30pm: Program
Certified as PHR and SHRM-CP Since 2014, Hugo is now a Human Resources Consultant with Avitus Group, serving over 80 clients from a variety of industries in Southern California and Nevada. Previously, Human Resources Manager, Officer and Generalist for private entities and public agencies.
He studied Industrial Relations at the Technological University in Tijuana, Mexico and Human Resource Management at Chapman University
This program has been approved for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs), towards SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP, through the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
This program has been approved for 1.5 California-specific recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute homepage at www.hrci.org.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
|PIHRA Member In-Transition
|PIHRA Student Member
Online registration closes on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. Registrations after this date will only be taken onsite.
There will be a 50% administration fee for any cancellations. If you need to cancel, we must receive it in writing (email or fax) 2 business days prior to the event during normal business hours. Refunds will not be given to no-shows. Credits will not be issued for use towards future PIHRA events.
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, PIHRA programs and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to our use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such programs and activities.