2017 Economic Outlook for California and the United States
Don’t miss this informative presentation. Dr. Schniepp will provide the participants with his expert opinion on the 2017 Economic Outlook for Santa Clarita, California and the US. During the presentation, Dr. Schniepp will discuss:
- Where are we now regarding the status of the California and U.S. economies: What’s hot and what’s not right now?
- Where are the jobs being created in California? What are the sectors of significant growth?
- What about wage and salary growth? Are incomes rising for everyone or for just a few? Which industries?
- In what principal areas of business is recruiting difficult? Will it remain that way next year? How will recruitment be impacted this year and next?
- What business sectors are important to the Santa Clarita Valley economy and business environment. Where are the jobs being created?
- Will there be a slowdown in the economy in 2017 and how will that impact recruiting and wages that firms are going to have to offer to fill positions.
- How will the 2017 economy affect recruitment of workers?
11:00am - 11:30am - Registration and Networking
11:30am - 1:30pm - Program
Mark Schniepp, Ph.D., California Economic Forecast
Dr. Mark Schniepp is the founder and current Director of the California Economic Forecast in Santa Barbara. Mark and his company prepare forecasts and economic commentary on the regional economics of California. He has prepared economic analysis and county level forecasts for Cal Trans, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Shield of California, The California Association of Realtors, and the Southern California Association of Governments
Dr. Schniepp develops regional real estate and economic forecast publications and presents the findings at large public conferences in Ventura County, the Santa Clarita Valley, and Santa Barbara County. He also participates with the UCLA Anderson Forecast in the preparation of the annual Orange County Economic Forecast each year in April and the San Diego County Economic Forecast in May.
This program has been approved for 2.0 Professional Development Credits (PDCs), towards SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP, through the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) for review.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Embassy Suites Valencia
28508 Westinghouse Place
Valencia, CA 91355
|PIHRA Member In-Transition
|PIHRA Student Member
Online registration closes on Thursday, November 10, 2016. Registrations after this date will only be taken onsite.
If you wish to register for the meeting and pay at the door, please email the location chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be a 50% administration fee for any cancellation. If you need to cancel, we must receive it in writing (email or fax) 2 business days prior to an event during normal business hours. Refunds will not be given to no-shows. Credits will not be issued for use towards future PIHRA events.
Event Sponsored By
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, PIHRA programs and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to our use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such programs and activities.