PIHRA Wide Events
Welcome to PIHRA's Riverside Location
PIHRA is a professional organization, which meets to enhance business contacts, knowledge and careers. Members and the general public may attend our meetings, which are held for business and human resources professionals, managers, executives and CEOs. We emphasize strategic business issues and trends at our meetings, which extend to various disciplines within organizations. We invite you to join our cohesive group, to make business contacts and enhance your career opportunities.
The Professionals In Human Resources Association (PIHRA) is the largest global chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Representing more than 3,500 individual members from over 2,500 companies, PIRHA is organized into 16 locations, serving communities in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties. Incorporated in 1945, PIHRA is dedicated to the continuous enhancement of human resources through networking, learning and advocacy.
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Networking & Lunch: 11:30 AM
Program: 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM
Addressing Compensation Challenges in 2014
Presented by: Jennifer E. Sunderland, Principle of Strategic Pay Resources
- Ms. Sunderland has nearly twenty years experience in human resource management. As Principal Consultant and Project Director at Strategic Pay Resources, Jennifer is responsible for developing and managing client assignments focusing on the strategic design of performance based compensation and performance management systems.
- Jennifer became a consultant in 1997 and has since worked with companies in multiple industries including entertainment, retail, information technology/high tech, manufacturing, automotive, non-profit, professional services, health care and consumer products. Specific project accomplishments include rewards strategy and philosophy development; competitive market assessment; custom surveys; base pay design, performance based bonus and incentive design and performance management system development.
- Jennifer's industry experience includes various compensation management positions with Fortune 500 companies including The Walt Disney Company, Macy's (formerly Bullocks) and The Broadway. Having also held positions in smaller organizations such as a family owned and operated business and a small manufacturing firm in Southern California, Jennifer has experience with the full spectrum of human capital strategies and systems. Each of Jennifer's industry roles have focused on the design and development of people pay and rewards systems.
- Jennifer has contributed compensation-related articles to Workforce magazine, The Journal of Compensation and Benefits, The Orange County and Los Angeles Business Journals, and PIHRAScope. Speaking engagements include presentations to The Los Angeles Compensation and Benefits Association, The Professionals in Human Resources, The National Human Resources Association, Chapman University, The Leadership Group and the Association of Internet Professionals.
- Jennifer serves on the board of The Professionals in Human Resources (PIHRA), and is a member of various compensation and rewards organizations locally and nationally. Jennifer has a BA in business with emphasis on Human Resources Management from Woodbury University in Burbank, California.
Every new year brings a new set of challenges for assessing and managing compensation.
Meeting Sponsor by: Hays